Civil Registry
Wednesday April 25, 2018

Information on marriage celebrations at the Consulate of Bolivia.

A Marriage Celebration is a legal act by which two persons of opposite sex who meet the requirements set by law, go before a Consular Officer to request record that decision in the accompanying book, constituting a regulated union endowed with stability and permanence.


  1. Registration of the intending spouses
  2. Birth certificate (Bride and Groom)
  3. Certificate of Non-Impediment (Bride and Groom)
    • Proof of the termination of any prior marriages by death, divorce or annulment
  4. Valid Passport or Identification (Bride and Groom)
  5. Two witnesses with valid Identity Card (Do not have to be relatives)
  6. IF BRIDE OR GROOM IS NOT BOLIVIAN, documents must be legalized by the courts in their country of origin, if they were in another language, must also be translated into Spanish and legalized.

NOTE - . Having completed the marriage certificate, date will be assigned for the wedding celebration after 15 days after this procedure.


  • Celebration of marriage between Bolivians and their registration in the Books of Marriage that includes Free Matrimonial EdictCertificate of Marriage and Family Booklet: $ 50.00
  • Celebration of marriage between a Bolivian individual and a foreign individual and his registration in the Book of Marriage including: Free Matrimonial Edictmarriage certificatefamily booklet and Foreign Registration Form$ 150.00
  • Legalization of a Marriage Certificate not granted by the Consulbetween Bolivian individuals or a Bolivian individual with a foreign individual (original or photocopy): $ 15.00
  • Legalization of a Marriage Certificate not granted by the Consul among non-Bolivian individuals (original or photocopy)$ 50.00


2401 Fountain View Dr. Suite 110

Houston, TX 77057

Tel: (832) 916-4200  

Fax: (832) 916-4201 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.